Navigáció átugrása

Documents and visas

To travel into or from Hungary you will need a valid travel document which can be a: 

- personal ID
- a passport. 

Please take note of the fact that valid, card-format driver's licences are not considered as travel documents therefore these are not accepted upon travelling abroad. 

Children being whatever young need an own and valid travel document as well to travel abroad. 

The ID card issued by Hungary to non-Hungarian citizens is not accepted as travel document while travelling abroad. 

By purchasing your ticket personally at the place of purchase as well as before the departure to the driver you have to show the travel document - and in case of necessity the visa or residence permit as well - which you want to use for travel.  

You can find more information about conditions of entry and visa regulations on the website of Consular Services as well as on the website of the Police